The nature of terrorist threats is changing and terrorism law is developing to reflect this. The main offences currently are:
- Directing terrorist activities
- Being a member of certain ‘proscribed’ terrorist organisations
- Training others to use weapons for terrorism purposes
- Possessing articles for which there is a suspicion that they may be used in terrorism acts
- Using or raising money for the purposes of terrorism
Computers are becoming an increasingly important part of terrorist activity as individuals communicate via this media and are able to access a wealth of information through the Internet that may have previously been hard to come by. The interrogation of the digital media involved in such instances is often key to the prosecution or defence. CY4OR is experienced in matters of national security and terrorism having worked on a number of high profile cases.
We understand that terrorism cases often have a time critical element. CY4OR is available 24 hours a day to respond to nationwide incidents. Following client instruction CY4OR investigators are fully versed in carrying out investigations onsite and working covertly if necessary.